Thursday, March 14, 2024

Editing Day 2 - Putting the Puzzle Together

 The second day of editing went just as well as the second day of shooting, really well!

Timeline we're starting off with


As soon as we finished filming everything, I recorded my voice lines for the boss and put the shots in. Once that was done and everything is isolated, I immediately set out to replace the old shots and get the old unusable shots out. Just so I don't forget and don't have to worry about it. After that I add the rest of the clips in order with them cut down. 

Old vs. new shots

Now It's time to cut the first part down even more. The goal is to make it look like a montage. It does get kind of precarious because sometimes you forget how hard on the cuts to go. You want it to be fast but going to hard makes it hard to interoperate. Thankfully, our actor is also an editor, so he gives me some tips and shows me some jump cuts that are possible. This ends up getting around half a minute cut, a major win.


Now, all the visual and foundational stuff is in. All that's left is some sound details. We'll get those sounds off YouTube, its the easiest source and is gets us good results. I used the Telephone Ringing sfx by Isolation music, Creepy Ambient Drone Sfx by SoundEffectFactory, and Franz Joseph Haydn "Surprise."

All this ended me off with this timeline work and my first real cut of the opening.


Timeline after the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment