Sunday, March 17, 2024

Editing Day 3 - Putting the Fine Tooth Comb Over

 Day Three is upon us, time to use the Filmic Reactions to guide my fine tooth comb to success.


First thing, I cut the phone zoom shot. Automatically make the shock of the sound and flow of the scene better.

Second thing second, I need to lower and adjust audio. Carrion's dialog is really low and adjusting the hum and buzz of my AC is a pain. So what I did was make the non-dialogue bits quite with the dialogue bits loud, the add a cross-fade to blend them together. Alongside that my song "Surprise" has a very loud and obnoxious sound right in the middle of the coffee making scene. It's not too hard to remove, all it needs is some looping and a cross-fade.

The section of audio where I looped the audio

Third thing, I need to rotoscope a bunch of shots. Namely the two major complaints from the feedback, the bright folder and the final shot. While the final shot is no where near hard as it's a literal box, the folder is precarious. Hands will fold over it and complicate the rotoscope, along side the major camera shake each shot has. I got a few done but the scope of the rotoscope has grown substantially and I realize just how much I need to do to get everything right. This just shows me how even if you think your close, you may be leaps and bounds away from what the goal actually is.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment