Friday, February 16, 2024

Stir and Mix

There is a fare amount of information I have gathered for this film production. From ways of cutting to the color choices used, to even how films begin. So instead of just putting this into solely the production while these skills are dull, why not sharpen these up by recording and editing a recording of something using this knowledge. This should be fun!

So, the aim here is to record a small clip of myself, and use it to create an interesting introduction scene,  while also setting up for a "later plot point." I will also attempt to use color to aid in setting the proper mood and tell the story. With all this work I should hopefully be able to make an intriguing eye catching scene.

After about 1 and a half hours total, I created and edited this together.


My edit of this Introductory scene shows the raise in tension with the raise in cuts. I increased the amount of cuts between my perspective and the hall perspective there was an increase in tension as the question on why the hall's lights flickering. I also used the hallways lighting against my body and into the dark room to increase the intrigue as it illuminates my face when I get closer. So clearly there is a specific way to cut a film and use the lighting to create an intriguing and eye catching scene. This also means that doing the research I did to gain an understanding on editing techniques, is an excellent way to learn how to edit for your film.

However, I did notice that my scene felt more akin to a horror film than a thriller. It seems that I would need more time to make it into my genre, as I only took about and hour and a half to make. If I took more time, I probably would of made a scene more akin to a thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment