Monday, February 19, 2024

The Sound has gone Mute!

So, I got a very not happy surprise on the fateful Monday when the Sound designer on our team decided that they did not want to stay in our group. This was thanks to the fact that my team was very, very slow on information and getting the paperwork for the portfolio done. They want to be able to get this project done well without any delay and I respect that.

Me and my team has had this issue of delaying certain pieces of work for later due to our circumstances. While it may of benefited us in the moment, we didn't realize how it affected the rest of our team. We need to me not only more conscious of doing the work as soon as possible, but also to be aware on how our actions effect the people we're rely on.

 
An image of only 2/4 team members communicating with each other

This means though, we need a new sound designer though. So, this means I'm getting promoted! This also means that the visual effects are not the only aspects to research and practice on. I'll need to begin researching what makes effective sound, how sound effects atmosphere and how to properly edit it together to make an effective sound for my film. Finally, I want to combine all my knowledge that I gather into the test project from before as a way to both test my knowledge and see if I can improve it with a much better sound.


However, through everything I must be better with communicating and listening to my team and being on point when it comes to finishing what needs to be done. If i can't do that the entire production can crash and burn into a crispy failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment