Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Editing Day 1 - Putting the pieces together

Time to put everything together, the long and arduous process of the edit. There's a decent amount of footage to sort together so lets see where I end up. Remember that the end goal is to hit a time of 2:00 exactly. 


What the timeline looks like at first


Once we get the footage into the computer, I need to chop it up into the individual shots. The way I imported it was lobbing it into one to save time and many headaches, so this is the necessary sacrifice.

Next I need to put them into place. I usually like to cut them down to size at the same time because it makes it easier to see what the final cut looks like. There isn't a need to wait till its all together to get to chopping as long as you have your shot log with ya.

With that out of the way, I automatically see an small hiccup which could either be good or bad. With the shots all cut and spliced together, I see our run-time is about 1:20. This means that we'd barely would have time to finish the rest of this scene once it's cut to size. And I definitely cannot put the second scene we had planned in. This leaves us to just finish off scene one and doing effective cuts to the time down. Even though we severely overestimated what was necessary to film, we can turn this mistake into a happy accident Bob Ross style.


Timeline at the end of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment