Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Collaborative Discovery


Usually whenever I make a video, whether a YouTube Video or my Film, I handle everything that comes with the editing. From the cuts and color to even the minute sound effects and pacing. That changes with this film. This time, not only do I have a competent sound designer, but I know I can both rely and collaborate efficiently with. 

Now, what does collaboration mean here, how does one collaborate on two different computers at the same time. Well if we were on Adobe Premier it would be easy, just use creative cloud and sync the project files to each other. However good that idea is, it wont mean anything since I am using Davinci Resolve. So what does Blackmagic have in terms of collaboration features?



This image highlights Davinci Resolve's Cloud collaboration feature

After some light Digging, I can see that they have their own Cloud solution with Davinci Resolve 18! That's perfect as It allows me and them to send the film project files and work on it at the same time with ease. All we need is just to have the same version of Resolve and communicate together efficiently to send the correct files. It goes to show how easy it is to collaborate as log as you actually try to work towards collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment